Steve Ballmer, Microsoft CEO and one of my favorite presenters, took the stage on Day 1 of the Microsoft Worldwide Partner Conference (WPC). He claimed that this is one of the most exciting conferences he attends in any given year because of Microsoft's partners. Then, in typical Ballmer fashion, he put the remote in his mouth so he could clap enthusiastically for all 15,000+ Microsoft Partners in attendance.
- Ballmer stated that Line of Business apps will move at a "more measured pace" to the cloud, predominantly private clouds.
- Dynamics (ERP and CRM combined) has experienced 20 percent compound annual growth for the last ten years.
- OS sales over the past 12 months:
- Windows 7: 350 million
- Apple Mac OS: 20 million
- All Yahoo! searches are served by Bing, with a combined 30 percent share.
- About Windows Phone 7, Ballmer said, "In a year, we've gone from very small to … very small."
You can view the full transcript of Ballmer's keynote here.