Find Your Home: Columbus
The Biggest Small Town in America
The capital of Ohio, Columbus is also a college city, as it’s the home of The Ohio State University, the highest ranked public school in Ohio. Columbus is the 15th largest U.S. city and is the home state of 8 U.S. presidents.
Our CapTech office lies next to Columbus Commons, a six-acre park and green space in the heart of the city.
Food + Drink
- Are you of the mindset that life is uncertain, so eat dessert first? Then you must make Jeni’s Splendid Ice Cream your first stop, and sample their delicious socially-conscious ice cream
- Next, hit Northstar Café and try their burger or vegetarian options ─ whatever appeals to you from their comprehensive menu.
- Near our office you can find Condado Tacos, whose tacos Thrillist recently named “The Best in Ohio.”
- Fan of farmers’ markets that offer sweets, meats, fresh produce, and more? Check out the North Market Farmers’ Market, one of the oldest and largest in Central Ohio.
Arts + Culture
- The Wexner Center for the Arts at Ohio State offers wonderful film, stage, and exhibitions, helping Columbus receive the 6th spot on PropertyShark’s 2014 listing of the Top 20 Best Cities for Culture.
- The Columbus Museum of Art has a reputation for innovative experiences, and highlights both local and international artists.
- Interested in antique cars? Check out this private collection at the Wagner-Hagans Auto Museum, ranked number 1 on Trip Advisor for things to see and do in Columbus.
Kid Friendly Activities
For quality entertainment for the entire family:
- See a road production of a Broadway show at the historic Columbus Theater.
- Check out COSI, America’s #1 Science Center in America, according to a 2008 Parent Magazine ranking. COSI boasts a dinosaur gallery, a planetarium, and currently, a Lost Egypt exhibit where kids can decode hieroglyphic messages and match pottery fragments.
The Great Outdoors
Do you want to be at one with nature?
- See the stunning Blooms and Butterflies or learn Tai Chi at the beautiful Franklin Park Conservatory and Botanical Gardens.
- Go biking, canoeing, or fishing in the 1200-acre Highbanks Metro Park.
- After working downtown, head on over to Battelle Riverfront Park to use the new expanded multi-purpose trails, and river access for small, hand-powered watercraft.
- Join CapTech staff who recently raised funds for cancer research at the Ohio State University Comprehensive Cancer Center (OSCCC) by competing in Pelotonia, a three-day cycling event.