A large State Retirement System sought to establish a Business Intelligence & Analytics (BI&A) program using a unique, user-centered design approach. As opposed to a more traditional architecture driven design, this program would allow a wide range of users’ access to appropriate data while increasing efficiency and insights.
- This new strategy enables our client to be more predictive and frees them from standard business reporting.
- Expanded data access ensures that data being accessed by decision makers is accurate and accessible
- Design ensures that the program meets users’ data needs to make them more self-sufficient and help them deliver actionable insights
- Scalable and flexible solution that can grow and transform with the business
We listened to understand the people, process, and technology initiatives driving their organization and collaborated to help establish this new BI&A governance program. As part of this effort, we stood up a BI&A Office that provides oversight, administration, and governance for a decentralized BI community.
Additionally, we partnered with the client to:
- Develop policies and procedures that guide the effective self-service use of a modern BI&A technology platform
- Combine industry best practices and data governance standards with a focus on a people-centric approach
- Deliver BI&A policies and procedures that were both comprehensive and scalable regardless of technology
- Create a human-centered design project that put the focus on how users would want to interact with and utilize the BI&A technology platform and data