- The Challenge:
The Virginia Department of Behavioral Health & Developmental Services (DBHDS) needed to improve their information gathering across multiple systems and eliminate duplicative data. Each system operated as a separate entity making it difficult for leaders to gather and use data to make informed and timely business decisions. They wanted to revamp their data architecture to improve the accuracy of reports and streamline data accessibility across multiple systems.
- The Result
Through a refreshed data strategy and define project roadmap, based on agile principles, the DBHDS:
- Saves taxpayer dollars and staff time
- Provides the state with a permanent resource to better serve every individual with reliable and consistent data.
- Streamlines, standardizes and automates reporting for internal and external decision making
- Reduces time spent manually gathering, combining, and cleaning data by 20%
- 2015 governor’s technology award winner for innovative use of big data and analytics