BlogMay 19, 2017
Blog Series: Did You Pack the 12 Agile Principles on Your Agile Journey? Pt. 1: Deliver Value
At CapTech, we believe the 12 Agile Principles from the Agile Manifesto are building blocks for a successful, sustainable Agile journey. Many pitfalls that organizations experience are due to oversight and lack of adherence to the Agile Principles. In this CapTech blog series, we will review the 12 Agile Principles, common issues that lead organizations astray, and solutions to get back on course throughout any Agile journey.Agile Principle #1: Our highest priority is to satisfy the customer through early and continuous delivery of valuable software.
Common Issues that Lead Organizations Astray
- The highest priority isn't to satisfy the customer through early and continues delivery of valuable software.
- The highest priority is aligned to internal requirements rather than what the customer needs.
- There is a desire to complete and deliver a project in its entirety.
- Even when early and continuous delivery is possible, "value" has not been defined.
- There's no feedback loop to determine if the customer was indeed satisfied.
Solutions that Lead Organizations Back on Course
- Be honest but relentless - change doesn't happen overnight, it takes time. But stay focused and make the change a priority.
- Remove internal impediments that prevent the customers' satisfaction from being the highest priority.
- Identify opportunities for delivering working solutions incrementally.
- Know thy Customer - engage them and define "value" together, and regularly.
- Create feedback loops! Circle back with customers to ensure satisfaction, and course correct when satisfaction has not been achieved.
Click here to download CapTech's 12 Principles of Agile Poster
Blog Series: Did you Pack the 12 Agile Principles on Your Agile Journey?
- Part 1: Deliver Value
- Part 2: Changing Requirements
- Part 3: Deliver Frequently
- Part 4: Work Together
- Part 5: Motivated Individuals
- Part 6: Face-to-Face Conversation
- Part 7: Working Solutions